dqref.com pages contain bullet-point summaries of common medical subjects. They are designed to be used as aides-memoire and include:
- General information about medical conditions and diagnostic tests
- Differential diagnoses for many clinical findings
- Electronic medical record (EMR) inserts, including:
- Letter, report and referral templates
- Patient instructions and information
We use UK English spelling; there are some exceptions in the cases of proper nouns (for example, World Health Organization).
We use icons including:
Important principles, things to remember.
Warnings, hazards and pitfalls.
Rich text Format document.
Plain text document.
We work hard to provide external links to sites that are relevant and reliable. We receive no remuneration or other benefit for posting external links. We generally present lists of external links in order of relevance or alphabetically, which ever is appropriate in the particular context.
By default, external links open in a new browser window or tab.
External links look like this: cdc.gov
Using EMR inserts
- Open the EMR template from the list.
- Modify the template by adding or removing text inside the text area.
- Click the button to copy the text to your clipboard.
- Paste the text into your EMR system.
Accessibility and browsers
These web pages work in all browsers. They are mobile friendly and have the same look and feel on tablets, smart phones and desktop screens.
Changing text size
Change the size of the text in most browsers by doing the following:
- Increase size: [Ctrl] +
- Decrease size: [Ctrl] -
- Restore default size: [Ctrl] 0
Tablets and smart phones
- Increase size: rotate to landscape mode
- Decrease size: rotate to portrait mode